BACK TO SCHOOL BROWNIE PENCIL CAKE
Onto something sweet! This brownie cake is so adorable and of course, delicious. Even if your kids have gone back to school already, make this as a ‘Welcome Home from School / You’re Doing Great So Far!’ treat; it will definitely be a hit! I adapted this recipe from one I found in FamilyFun Magazine!
8-inch square pan of brownies, uncut
1 container white frosting
1 container chocolate frosting
Yellow and Red food coloring
(Everything can be homemade as well but let me tell you, there are some yummy pre-made icings out there!)
1. Bake brownies according to package direction & let cool.
2. Turn the cooled pan of brownies upside down and tap on the bottom to remove the brownie square. Cut it as shown:
3. Arrange the two largest pieces into a pencil shape & EAT the excess brownie pieces ; ) mmm… that’s what I did! (I shared)
4. Cover the pointed end with white frosting. Tint frosting yellow, then spread it over the middle of the cake.
5. Next, tint remaining frosting red (which will look pink) for the eraser. Pipe on a chocolate frosting zigzag by eraser and a chocolate pencil point using a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off.
Happy Back to School!
P.S. You can find the rest of this blog post at: http://www.thepiggytoes.com/2012/09/10/back-to-school-a-must-hav-book-brownie-pencil-cake-recipe/